Chief Technical Officer Position
- Chief Technical Officer
- Department: Executive
- Reports To: President/CEO
- Location: Corvallis, Oregon & Lebanon, Oregon
- Pay Rate: DOE
Analyze complex business needs and recommend solutions to the CEO for approval. Execute and implement approved solutions. Ensure consistency and maintainability of new and existing infrastructure by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and procedures for implementing technical solutions. Create and enforce written policies and procedures regarding all broadband and computer operations. Maintain security of all data and systems and provide for reasonable data backups in the event of systems failures. Create and maintain corporate networks, Intranet, and e-mail systems. Review and coordinates software licensing. Set standards for backup / recovery and documentation of essential network functions. Ensure that all expenses incurred do not exceed budgetary limits and all items purchased are valid. Plan, review, and maintain all bandwidth and special access agreements with Tier 1 providers to ensure capacity meets requirements. Monitor system device capabilities and status. Act as a coach, leader, mentor, catalyst and facilitator with Team Members; serve as a resource person for others. Direct and prioritize the workload of subordinate personnel. Reviews all designs, code, and plans when applicable. Approve all business requirements prior to technical solution. Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts. Represent Engineering at client or end user meetings when appropriate. Direct education programs for the staff. Perform as a sales engineer for the company when requested and create applicable business plans. Prepare and deliver performance evaluations, salary reviews, conducts interviews and perform other required supervisory functions in cooperation with the HR Director. Maintain familiarity with Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI) laws and regulations. Meet and collaborate with affiliate company teams, industry peers and organizations.
Position may require up to 10% domestic travel for related industry conferences and continuing education
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications Management, or related field, combined with 5 years of experience as a Chief Technology Officer, Network Engineer, Developer Engineer, or related position, including the following experience:
- 5 years of experience in telephony network engineering with an Incumbent Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC) or Competitive Local Exchange Carrier (CLEC);
- 4 years of experience with high availability networks;
- 2 years of experience leading telecommunications and broadband networks (FTTX, DWDM, Ethernet, etc.) engineering, design and project/operations management;
- 2 years of experience implementing and maintaining Linux/Unix operating systems and server administration;
- 2 years of experience with VMware vSphere and ESX server technologies;
- 2 years of experience configuring Transmission Control Protocol (TCP/IP), Session Initiated Protocol (SIP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4), Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6);
- 2 years of experience leading transport network design, budgeting, planning and maintenance;
- 2 years of experience implementing Cyber security policies, network and system security with firewalls, Virtual Private Networks (VPN’s) and routers, and implementing and maintaining wireless and Wi-Fi technologies;
- 2 years of experience configuring and managing Cisco and Juniper Switches and Routers;
- 2 years of experience running Calix Hardware and Software and Ciena (formerly Cyan) Hardware and Software (Blue Planet);
- 1 year of experience leading outside plant construction from design phase, contract negotiation and completion.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
All education, experience, and training may be gained concurrently. Applicants must be U.S. workers (includes U.S. citizens, permanent residents, foreign nationals granted temporary residence under one of the 1986 legalization programs, refugees, and asylees).
Please send your resume or submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief Technical Officer” in the subject line.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer.