Customer Experience Coordinator Position
- Customer Experience Coordinator
- Department: Customer Service
- Reports To:
- Location: Lebanon, OR
- Pay Rate:
The Customer Experience Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the operational management of PEAK’s hybrid 24/7/365 customer support team. This team provides 24/7 sales, customer service, and technical support functions for PEAK’s broadband customers in addition to after-hours support for our electric cooperative members.
This is primarily an “in office” position based out of our Lebanon, Oregon retail location. PEAK offers a four-day work week, Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am-5:30 pm.
Essential Functions of the Position:
The essential functions of this position requires prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
- Hire, train, coach, and lead Support Center representatives as they provide an exceptional customer experience and cultivate customer loyalty.
- Answer representative’s questions, guide them through difficult calls or issues, diffuse difficult customer interactions, and handle issues that cannot be fielded by representatives.
- Use available metrics to ensure appropriate coverage is maintained for a 24/7 support environment with retail office considerations.
- Monitor calls, chats, social media channels and tickets. Provide feedback to representatives on a regular basis.
- Lead team meetings, ask questions to better understand the calls representatives are receiving, educate and coach representatives regarding processes and practices, and explain expectations to employees.
- Assist other management team members in identifying trends and establish support center goals.
- Function as a mentor, train staff in cross selling, and product knowledge.
- Ensure staff members are achieving desired service levels and take corrective action, as needed.
- Assist sales team in staffing outside events such as fairs, festivals, business expos, and other customer-facing events.
- Prepare reports and analyze support center data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Exercise sound judgment in handling day-to-day customer/staff relations.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including various evenings and weekends.
- Model and promote company culture in daily tasks and interactions.
- Maintain familiarity with Oregon BOLI laws and regulations.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
Required Education and Experience —
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a customer support role
- High School Diploma
- Previous experience managing teams
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities –
- Understanding of customer metrics; Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT), Customer Churn Rate and Customer Retention.
- Ability to explain complex technical solutions in a clear and straightforward way to non-technical consumers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors, and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, workflow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful, and productive work habits.
- Proficient on a personal computer or other technology devices for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data and other business-related information.
- Receive, understand, evaluate, and appropriately respond to communications from employees, the Board of Directors, and members of the public using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary.
- Maintaining a professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
- Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations, and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
Availability, Physical Demands, and Other Requirements:
Availability and Accessibility
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and members of the public, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site.
Approximately 40 hours/week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the evenings and/or during weekends.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 50 pounds in the performance of regular duties and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Required to stand for extended periods of time, sit while driving and/or attending meetings, and walk on uneven ground in all types of terrain. Work may require entering/exiting of vehicle. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and descending a stepladder may also be required.
- Drive on behalf of PEAK and/or report for work in all types of weather.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. This position primarily works in a temperature- controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting and office furniture, as well as consistent and frequent noise, interruptions, and other similar distractions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. It is intended as a general guide of the job duties and tasks the person in this position may be asked to perform as part of our PEAK team. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all the job duties or responsibilities that may be assigned to this position. Position descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving business needs, and such changes may not be reflected immediately in written form.
Refusal or unwillingness to perform duties and tasks assigned in a positive, professional, and productive manner, even if seeming to fall outside of this description, may be considered insubordination and a violation of PEAK policies and expectations.
Please send your resume or submission via email to email@example.com with “Customer Experience Coordinator” in the subject line.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer.