Sales Associate Position
- Sales Associate
- Department: Sales
- Reports To: Sales Specialist
- Location: Corvallis, OR with some travel to various remote sites
- Pay Rate:
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing PEAK’S mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing state-of-the-art broadband connectivity to our customers and cooperative members along with exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
The Sales Associate promotes and sells PEAK services directly to end-user clients and businesses under the direction of the Sales Specialist. These duties will be targeted toward existing and new customers/markets by performing the following tasks independently; door to door, face to face, over the phone or online.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
- Generate new sales revenue by building a pipeline and relationships with decision-making residential and business consumers who desire our products and services.
- Interprets and understands analytics and customer data to ensure effective control of sales results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated budgets and metrics.
- Coordinates and evaluates marketing research and adjusts sales strategy to meet changing markets and competitive conditions.
- Guides preparation of sales activity reports and presents to Sales Specialist and Executive Team.
- Works collaboratively with other employees and contractors to ensure sales quotas and performance goals are met.
- Participations at local business and trade association meetings and seminars to promote PEAK Internet products and services.
- May meet with key clients as necessary, maintaining relationships and closing sales.
- Participates in competitor/customer product research, development, and launch to market.
- Adhere to and help ensure that PEAK Internet’s M.O.T.E.R. philosophy (company culture guide), mission, and vision are practiced throughout the organization.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, customers, and others with whom we may work. Contribute to a successful workgroup through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department, and organizational goals while actively demonstrating accountability and responsibility for achieving
desired outcomes and measurable results.
Qualified candidates for this position will have the relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
Required Education and Experience —
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year related sales experience with measured success
- Valid Oregon driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations or Business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities –
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors, and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, research, organizational, and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. The ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with high attention to detail regarding the organization, planning, workflow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful, and productive work habits.
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in direct sales; including but not limited to, public relations, written communications, market research, social media outreach and engagement, and sales software (i.e., Salesforce and DocuSign).
- Demonstrated ability to increase sales through various strategies.
AVAILABILITY, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Availability and Accessibility
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers and members of the public, and resources at work, the performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility. This position works primarily outside of the office with the opportunity of a flexible schedule to achieve success and a work-life balance. Approximately 40 hours/week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility outside of normal business operating hours in the evenings and/or during weekends.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive, understand, evaluate and appropriately respond to communications from employees, the Board of Directors, and members of the public using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary.
- Maintain a professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
- Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations, and solutions to identified business problems, issues, and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (some of which are technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
- Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data, and other business-related information.
- Occasionally lift, transport, and/or move up to approximately 50 lbs. in the performance of regular duties. Changes position frequently and may work in awkward positions. Required to stand for extended periods of time, sit while driving and/or attending meetings, and walk on uneven ground in all types of terrain. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and descending a stepladder may also be required.
- Drive on behalf of PEAK and/or report for work in all types of weather.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. This position primarily works indoors, however, may at times be exposed to all types of weather conditions including temperature extremes and rainy environments. The outdoor setting involves all types of property and site conditions, including open spaces, timberlands, urban developments, flat and hilly terrain, building construction sites, and road rights of way. Subject to outside weather/driving conditions.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. It is intended as a general guide of the job duties and tasks the person in this position may be asked to perform as part of our PEAK team. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the job duties or responsibilities that may be assigned to this position. Position descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving business needs, and such changes may not be reflected immediately in written form.
Refusal or unwillingness to perform duties and tasks assigned in a positive, professional, and productive manner, even if seeming to fall outside of this description, maybe considered insubordination and a violation of PEAK policies and expectations.
Please send your resume or submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sales Associate” in the subject line.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer.