Reports To: Field Service Supervisor
Location: Lebanon, Oregon with travel to remote sites
Pay Rate: DOE
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing PEAK’S mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing state of the art broadband
connectivity to our customers and cooperative members along with exceptional service to our internal and external customers. All employees are also expected to maintain a high level of trust, integrity, and ethical standards.
The Combination Technician is responsible for configuration, installation, maintenance, repair, testing, monitoring, and servicing of all types of service provisioning equipment. This position reports to Field Service Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
- Configure, install, maintain, repair and monitor wireless equipment, power equipment, Central Office equipment, network distribution systems, FTTX, Optical-CXR, Ethernet facilities, customer premises equipment and other network systems including but not limited to RF and microwave systems.
- Interpret network drawings and schematics and implements design parameters as specified
- Mount wireless equipment and run data cables to each device
- Database, ticketing and documentation updates
- Climb utility poles and telecommunications towers
- Follow training protocols and safety briefings. Must always perform tasks within required workplace safety practices
- Ability to work in different environments including inside, outside, inclement weather, attic, crawlspaces, new construction, existing work environment and on a ladder
- Will need to perform administrative tasks such as record keeping and documentation with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Responsible for familiarization and operation of all company supplied test gear and safety practices.
- Hosted PBX solution installation, repair, troubleshooting
- Fiber To The Home (FTTH) installation, repair, troubleshooting Combination Technician
- Terminate, splice and test fiber optic cables utilizing appropriate equipment
- Perform all duties in accordance with all applicable OSHA and FCC safety guidelines
- Ability to obtain training and/or vendor certifications as needed
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position.
Education and Experience –
- High School diploma and training or work experience in and outside plant telephony voice and data practices. Associates Degree in computer technology or other technology focus is a plus.
- Tower Climbing Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities –
- Experience of FTTP access technologies to include PON and Active Ethernet
- Experience with wireless equipment (Ubiquiti, Mimosa, etc.)
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN design technology, configuration, architectures, cablings, software, and hardware, including hubs, routers, servers, switches and associated equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of Distributed Access Architecture, Metro Ethernet and PON
- Experience with installation of AC and DC power
- Basic knowledge of residential building construction
- Must be able to work at various heights above ground
- Proficient with the use of ladders
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Demonstrated experience using hand tools
- Proficient troubleshooting skills
- Must work well and efficiently in supervised and unsupervised situations.
- Must demonstrate personal accountability and prioritization
- Must demonstrate the ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship
- Must demonstrate the desire to learn, supported by a love of technology
- Must have valid Class C Oregon driver’s license.
- Ability to safely use ladders, boom/bucket truck, trenching equipment and other associated telecommunications equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers, vendors, contractors, and other diverse audiences while providing outstanding customer service.
- Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, workflow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, customers and others with whom we may work. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
AVAILABILITY, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Availability and Accessibility
Approximately 40 hours/week will be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position will also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the evenings and/or during weekends. Participation in an on-call rotation.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands of this position require standing, sitting, stooping, kneeling, walking, the ability to lift at least 100 pounds, push/pull at least 100 lbs. and work at heights up to 300’.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
- Drive on behalf of PEAK and/or report for work in all types of weather.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. It is intended as a general guide of the job duties and tasks the person in this position may be asked to perform as part of our PEAK team. It is by no means an exhaustive list of all of the job duties or responsibilities that may be assigned to this position. Position descriptions may occasionally be updated, as necessary, to reflect evolving business needs, and such changes may not be reflected immediately in written form.
Refusal or unwillingness to perform duties and tasks assigned in a positive, professional, and productive manner, even if seeming to fall outside of this description, may be considered insubordination and a violation of PEAK policies and expectations.
Please send your resume or submission via email to email@example.com with “Combination Technician” in the subject line.
PEAK is an equal opportunity employer.