PEAK Internet Lifeline Service Terms and Conditions
Casco Communications, Inc. dba PEAK Internet (the “Company”) will offer Lifeline Telephone Service and Lifeline Broadband Service (collectively, “Lifeline Service”), as described below, within their eligible telecommunications carrier (ETC)-designated service areas.
Descriptions of Lifeline Service, including eligibility, availability, discounts, and other terms and conditions, are set forth below.
Lifeline Broadband Service
- Eligible low-income Customers of the Company’s Lifeline Broadband Service will receive a monthly credit, based on the Federal Lifeline Program, towards a qualifying Internet service.
- PEAK Internet provides download speeds up to 1Gbps, and upload speeds up to 500 Mbps on our Fiber services, and download speeds up to 30Mbps with upload speeds up to 10Mbps on our Fixed Wireless services. Customers have access to unlimited data, and a modem is included with service. https://www.peakinternet.com/residential/internet/
Lifeline Telephone Service
- Eligible low-income Customers of the Company’s Lifeline Telephone Service will receive a monthly credit, based on the Federal Lifeline Program, towards a qualifying service of PEAK Advanced Voice.
- PEAK Advanced Voice is $20.00 per month when bundled with a qualifying Internet service.
- PEAK Advanced Voice: Includes local calling (Basic Service), Unlimited Long Distance (ULD) calling minutes (intrastate and interstate) and Calling Features on the Customer’s primary line. Feature descriptions and restrictions may be found at: https://www.peakinternet.com/residential/advanced-services/advanced-voice/
- Lifeline Service is a government assistance program and is restricted to low income residential customers, one per household. A household is defined as any individual or group of individuals living together at the same address as one economic unit.
To qualify for Lifeline Service, a Customer’s household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size, or the Customer must participate in any one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Customers may learn more about Lifeline Service and determine eligibility at https://lifeline.oregon.gov/
- OTAP and Lifeline benefits become effective on the date the Oregon Public Utility Commission notifies Peak Internet of approval unless otherwise specified in the notice of approval.
- The Customer must qualify for Lifeline Service on a yearly basis and may be required to recertify to confirm continued eligibility for the Lifeline benefit.
Lifeline Service Terms and Conditions
- Lifeline Service is limited to one per household and is non-transferable.
- PEAK Internet Advanced Voice offers toll-free calling within the continental United States. Tolls may be assessed for international calling.
- Service connection charges do not apply to change existing Voice service to/from Lifeline Telephone Service.
State Discounts on Lifeline Service
- PEAK Internet participates in the State of Oregon Lifeline program. State of Oregon Lifeline discounts will be offered in accordance with state and/or federal Lifeline program requirements.